Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer

It was a long Winter, and a non-existent Spring, but I think I can finally say that Summer is here.  I love this time of year.  The kids and I like to take walks around the neighborhood together.  We love spending time outside, visiting with friends and neighbors, while the kids run free in the field or ride bikes together.  Porter likes ending his evenings laying out on the trampoline with a Popsicle or otter pop.  Even at his young age, I can see that he appreciates the warm sunshine.  The first time we leave the house for the day, I will open up the garage and Porter will glance outside, and then proclaim,  "It is a beautiful day today!"  I love wasting the day away at the local park as the kids play until their hearts content.  And hearing the way Porter introduces himself to other kids on the playground.  It won't take long until Porter introduces me to his "new best friend".  (And by this time he's forgotten his new best friend's name!)  Time slows down, life is a little sweeter, and I let loose a little more.  Barefeet, Popsicle smudged faces, and sand in the hair only bring a smile to my face as I make little summer memories with my two precious boys.










No comments: