Thursday, October 3, 2013

Should have ate cereal for dinner.

10/2/2013
I was sick today. Jared came home to 5 kids running around crazy, a very messy house, and a wife that was still in pajamas. He helped clean up a little, then loaded the kids up and took them to the schools book fair, came home and read to them, and then took us all to get Del taco for dinner. I was still wearing my pajamas.  As I walked to the table with our waters, Porter stubbed his toe and took off the skin on half his big toe which was a nasty owie and he of course fell apart. While I was trying to console him, Aubrey decided it was the perfect time to spill all the water cups. At this point Jared walked in wondering how things went wrong so fast. He put dinner down and Tyson decided he actually wanted a burrito not a quesadilla. Porter is still crying. We gave Tyson the one soda to try and get him to shut up about the dang burrito and I grabbed the water cups to go refill.  As I turned around I heard the inevitable crash of what else the full cup of sprite we just handed Tyson.  Porter is throwing his hands up in the air and crying and telling us its much worse than a broken arm and we have no idea how much it hurts. I get more water and lots of napkins.  At some point that water got spilled too.  I think we didn't even put pajamas on the kids tonight we just threw them in bed and called it good. Alexander has got nothing on my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  Although I did go to bed at like 9 and that was awesome. 

1 comment:

Kendal and Alissa said...

Stacy this was the BEST post ever! I'm glad to know that "things don't just fall apart fast" at our house:) We have had similar experiences more than once with our little family ha ha (even if it's not funny in the moment:)