Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Halloween Pumpkins

We have been painting our pumpkins for Halloween. Porter wanted to enter his pumpkin into the Foothill elementary pumpkin contest which ultimately got us to purchase and decorate our pumpkins this year. Life has been so busy and hectic that we didn't even put up a single decoration this year. I feel a little bad about that. Last year we carved pumpkins for the first time and they ended up looking pretty warped and ugly by the time Halloween came so this year we tried something new. I thought they turned out pretty cute.  It's fun to checkout of normal daily routines and spend a couple hours doing nothing but paint with your boys. I'm learning to do that more and more. The household chores are never done anyway so I try to enjoy my little ones and remember that they won't be home all day forever. It's been good for all of us. 
PS: Tyson yes you did paint your own pumpkin, it was very supervised, hence no pictures of you. Sorry buddy!


1 comment:

The Gilberts said...

what cute updates of your family, Stacy! I like the painted pumpkins idea... we still haven't carved pumpkins because I don't like the idea of using knives yet... plus the kids don't like to get messy and I think it would be stressful for everyone. Im amazed Porter can be trusted to paint inside and on your beautiful table! such trust!

I'm looking forward to hanging out with you in San Diego if everything works out. See ya!